Friday, July 25, 2008

What you should be checking out this weekend

In case you need a little guide for what to check out in sports this weekend, let me help you out:

- 26th Annual Kilauea Volcano Runs - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

The marathon starts at 6 am tomorrow. Yes, I am a little biased because I get to emcee and host the awards ceremony there. But, I can attest to how well this event is run. This is also a very tough marathon to run. Hope to have the winners on Monday's show

- New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox - Saturday, 9:20 am and Sunday, 1:35 pm on ESPN Radio

The Yankees got off to a great start in this series with an outstanding pitching performance by Joba Chamberlain (who is slowly making me eat my words with his last few performances on the mound). And, we will have to see what the Nady/Marte trade with the Pirates does to boost the ballclub. I think this will help them out a lot.

- Atlanta Braves vs. Philadelphia Phillies

I said today on the radio that this would be the series that determines whether the Braves sever ties with Mark Texeira at the Trade Deadline. They won Game One in convincing fashion, and a series win does a lot for their late season chances.

_______________________________________________________

Next Saturday is the State Canoe Racing Championships at Keehi Lagoon on Oahu. Our own "Rocket" Rod Pacheco will be covering the action for us (no relation). I'll be joining him up there later in the day after I take care of some business over here. I have all my plans put together and one of my goals was to go and see the group "Smash Mouth." So, I went to go and buy tickets online for the concert, only to see the word CANCELLED. Turns out, after doing more research, the show actually isn't cancelled, but it got moved to a different venue. I don't think I'm gonna buy the tickets, though. I dunno, I'm just not feeling it for some reason.

So, if you are gonna be in Oahu, email me at joshpachecoshow@espnhawaii.com and let me know what's good to check out or if you have plans I should privy to. I mean, I'm going just to relax. I don't care if I stay in my hotel room the entire trip, but I do want to relax.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live on Oahu! Yeah, you already knew that. Just eat a lot.