Friday, July 11, 2008

What A Crazy Week!

I love having this blog up here at ESPNHawaii.com, because it gives me yet another avenue to spread the truth.

And the fact is, this past week has been absolutely crazy. For those of you who listen on the radio, you know me just as the guy who talks sports for two hours every day. But, over the past week and then some, I was added to a temporary task of managing the station's commercial production.

What did that mean? Less time creating show content, more time creating client content.

Luckily, there are people who I must thank who helped make this week's shows go by (and probably saved my job too!)

- Kelli Miura, The Honolulu Advertiser's Campus Life 101 Blog on why it isn't strange to meet women who like football.

- Bob Valvano, ESPN Radio's V Show, talking about the V Foundation for Cancer Research, co-founded by his late brother Jim and ESPN

- Gwint Fisher of the PGWSA, who shared the importance of getting our high school athletes ready for college

- JE Orozco, KBIG FM on the Big Island Canoe Racing Scene

- Daniel Brock, West Hawaii Today for his weekly segment

- Bert Roussel on the Mardi Gras golf tournament

- Brett Favre, for giving me breaking news to spend most of Friday's show on!

Most of these interviews are online right now at ESPNHawaii.com, and I am working on putting up a few more while I have a chance.

Oh, and while I have a chance to make another "SHAMELESS PLUG," if you are one of those people who need great tunes to get you through your weekend, you can find me this Saturday live from 10 am - 3 pm on KBIG FM on a fill-in basis. It's been a while since I've been on the FM Dial, and that was where I was prior to making the jump to sports talk, so I'm very excited to be back for the time being. You can listen online as well at KBIG.FM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for getting my name and blog up there! I appreciate it. You're the best!

ESPN HAWAII said...

Oh, stop it! YOU are the best, Kelli.