Monday, July 21, 2008

Michelle Wie against the boys, again?



Before we talk about the topic at hand, thanks to my co-worker Keith from sister station KBIG FM for sending me the picture from the 4th of July festivities at the Mo'oheau Park Bandstand. We were on hand emceeing, and on top of my emceeing duties, I was playing the evening concert with the Hawaii County Band.

First off, if it looks a little weird that I'm next to our sister station's banner instead of our own, it really isn't. I've temporarily (as far as I know) been working Saturday mid-days from 10 am - 3 pm for the past couple of weeks, and will be for the next couple. You can listen in online at KBIG.FM, and e-mail your requests at josh@kbig.fm

Secondly, don't expect to be seeing a lot of pictures of me on the blog. As most people will tell you (and I will personally vouch for), many people in radio have "faces for radio." I'm very secure in myself to say that I fit in that category. And, no, I don't mind it. I rely on my personality, not my looks, to get me by in life. That's how it should be. And honestly, it's all I got :) .

__________________________________________________

Big news of today is the announcement that Michelle Wie has picked herself back up just days after forgetting to sign her scorecard. Michelle Wie has received a sponsors exemption to play on the PGA Tour's Legends Reno-Tahoe Open.

Before you get mad at Michelle Wie, let's realize what the even't promoter must be going through:

- On the same weekend, the World Golf Championships are in Ohio, luring the best players in the world.

- His tournament boasts (for lack of a better term) the weakest field on the tour season.

- The economy's is rough.

So, of course, you are gonna find away to get people to show up to your tournament and boost up the ratings! That's why you give Michelle Wie a chance.

On tomorrow's show, we are going to talk to the tournament director, Michael Sterns, to talk about how tough it is to put together a tournament, why Michelle over Annika or Lorena, and what the future of this tournament could be if the numbers and the dollars don't come through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. Is that the first one you've posted?

ESPN HAWAII said...

Yeah, first one posted. You actually wanna see more?

Anonymous said...

Well, I've noticed that blog readers seem to like pictures. I hardly use them, but I'm gonna try! (As long as I'm not in them)