Friday, July 18, 2008

Lead with your head, not your heart

Sports fans are very passionate fans. We love our players, our coaches, and our surroundings. But, the Brett Favre story has shown me one thing more so than everyone else:

Fans can't think straight.

As a sports talk show host, I have a duty to give you facts and straight talk opinion. Yes, I am a Brett Favre fan and a Green Bay fan. And, I could easily spend two hours talking to you about my favorite teams and players.

But you don't want to hear that.

I've heard people try to shove their "fandom" down everyone's throats, and I honestly don't want to hear that. When people make opinions based on their hearts, and not on their common sense and mind, they say things that don't make sense, and that's what I've gotten from a lot of people.

This could be applied to any situation, but nothing good comes from opinions that are formed by the wrong substance.

_________________________________________

On a lighter note, thank you to Hollywood Theaters for a couple of things:

1) Our radio premiere of "The Dark Knight" is tonight at 7:00 pm. We're giving away exclusive movie posters and other garb...I don't think there are any tickets left for you :). We gave em all away on our FM stations.

2) I also scored promotional stuff from the new Step Brothers movie. It stars Will Ferrell and John Reilly. They gave me a fake wooden drum pad with mini drum sticks. Absolutely fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not an NFL fan. Hmmm... Did I just say that? Sorry, I LOVE college football. I get lost in the NFL scene. :-) Let me know how the movie is.