Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rick Mahorn's Man-Card In Question



(photo credit - AP Photo/Jerry S. Mendoza)

I've always been told that a man should never put his hands on a lady.

During last night's LA / Detroit WNBA game, a tussle ensued in the final few seconds involving, among others, Rookie Candice Parker of the Sparks. But away from the main tussle, Lisa Leslie of the Sparks was seen falling down with Detroit assistant Rick Mahorn's arms outward.

In a postgame interview on ESPN2, both had different sides of the story. Leslie contended she was pushed. Mahorn said he was trying to protect Lisa and keep the peace.

This photo is probably the clearest evidence of what took place, and looking at Mahorn's left arm, it appears that he pushed her, because as I was watching live and viewing the replays it was harder to tell.

Putting this in a broader perspective, no league benefits from coverage of a fight. For the WNBA, this is a first, and I don't think this gets extensive coverage without Mahorn, Leslie, and Parker's involvement.

Expect suspensions, fines, and the return of little attention to the WNBA.

___________________________________________________

One of our regular commenters asked if I have posted any more photos of station events. I haven't, although I have a few on my computer. Should I post photos of me up?

Personally, as I mentioned, I know I have a face for radio, and I'm not a big fan of myself in pictures. But, if the public demands, I could concede. For now, enjoy the picture below and the one above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No fighting! Bad enough that there's all this war and turmoil going on in the world.