Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympic Update

Someone liked my Olympic idea in my last blog (didn't realize I poured out my thoughts and ideals, but okay), so I figured I would continue with blogging about the olympics.

- What's with the handball craze? I don't get it! I tried watching women's handball last night, and was left wishing I had had all that time back. Maybe its because they don't really explain the rules, but I'm not a big fan. I'd rather see golf become an Olympic sport. After all, we do have the WORLD GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS.

- Speaking of sports we would like to see in the Olympics, could we find a way to keep Softball on the agenda for the games? I watched most of the USA's drubbing of Venezuela, which ended in a 5th inning TKO. Just because the other countries aren't as good in softball as the USA doesn't mean we should just get rid of the sport.

- Meanwhile, while everyone is talking about the BIG names in Tennis (Federer, Venus and Serena, Nadal), my favorite match to watch so far was between China's Zheng Jie and Spain's Nuria Llagostera. Yeah, that's right. Two no-names. But, in three hours, we saw broken serves, missed opportunities, blown leads, and high intensity. I saw so much heart, hustle, and fight that I was hoping that this match would never end. Spain won this one in 3 sets, but this was definitely the match of the day in my book.

- Germany's Men's Basketball: Disappointing. Nuff said.

___________________________________________________________

Join me tomorrow as we talk to Idaho's Football Head Coach Robb Akey on the program. What's their Hawaii connection (besides being a WAC rival with the Warriors)? And what are the expectations for the team? Find out tomorrow.

And don't forget the poll at the top of the page. With Saturday's broadcast of the preseason special between Kapolei and Kamehameha-Hawaii, we want to know who you think will win? Answer the poll and we will mention the results on Saturday's broadcast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! I was watching handball the other day, too. I don't get it. I really like gymnastics and swimming. But, don't think I'm skilled at either. I can swim at least, but I'm a slow poke.