Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Jam-Packed Show Today on ESPN Radio

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn.

That's kinda how I feel right now, after a 4 am wake up call to get to the studio at 5 am. Normally, on any day, this is an achievable feat, as I have done morning FM Radio and Morning College Radio before, so it was a normal thing when I would fill in for someone and wake up comsistantly at the same time to get in to work at 5.

But, this time, it was a little different. Like many of you, I've been suffering from "Olympic Hangover." You know, when you watch too much Olympic coverage, especially when a lot of it is late at night? I don't know how many days I have strutted into work after my designated start time at 6 am since the games of the 29th Olympiad started. Hope my bosses don't read this.

Today, however, was easy to wake up. I was so excited to come into work at 5 am, for three different reasons:

1) Ted Leonsis. You may know him as the AOL guy, or the former owner of the NHL's New York Islanders. Now, he is the majority owner of the Washington Wizards, Capitals, and Mystics. He's also produced two films, and the one we talked about is called Kicking It.

Anyway, his call-in interview was at 5:30 am. That's right. 11:30 am his time in Washington D.C. Such a cool guy, though. He'll be on today's show at 10:25 am or so.

2) Mike Riley. Mike was a former head coach in the professional football ranks with the San Diego Chargers in the NFL and in the CFL as well. Anyway, he is currently the coach at Oregon State. He's an awesome guy to talk football with, and he told me that I can call him anytime if I need anything. I'm not gonna do that, but maybe we'll have him on again before the Oregon State / Hawaii football game.

His call-in interview? 6 am. That's 9 am there in Corvalis.

3) June Jones. Of course, everyone knows him as the old ball coach at Hawaii, but he's traded in the green for Mustang Blue and Red (and Red is one of my favorite colors). June called in right after practice, and I asked him where has the best food (Dallas or Hawaii?), as well as questions about his transition and his team.

His call-in interview? 6:35 am. That's 11:35 am Central Time in Dallas.

Oh, and I can't forget Kau's football coach Jonathan Roddy joining us at 11:10 am today.

_____________________________________________________

On another note, I guess I gotta find another way to make our finalist for the Bud Light Ultimate Party Cruise. How does "Name That College" sound? We're gonna do that tomorrow on the program.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for sending JJ's interview. That's pretty cool!