Saturday, August 2, 2008

HIBT / State Canoe Racing

I am blogging tonight from the Ilima Hotel in the heart of Waikiki! Consider this a "mental health vacation." haha...this is my excuse for not being in the office. See, I would normally be in the office today if not for just getting on a flight and getting away.

Actually, take that back, I was in the office today...printing out my itinerary. So much for that.

________________________________________________________


Great day for our Big Island canoe paddling teams at Keehi Lagoon here in Oahu. Our "Rocket" Rod Pacheco tells me via phone that Kai O Pua and Puna Canoe Club had outstanding performances. In the end, one of Maui's finest took the title. I can't find the results anywhere online, but I hope to find them soon and update on Sunday. Either way, Rocket Rod will join me on Monday morning to recap the races.

__________________________________________________________

Special thanks to Laura Aquino of Current Events for e-mailing me the results of the Hawaii International Billfish Tournament...and without further ado:

TEAM STANDINGS:

1. Laguna Niguel Boating Club, Team 2 (California) - 3,323 points
2. Hilton Grand Vacations Fishing Club (Japan) - 2,600
3. Team Malaka (California) - 1,887

CAPTAIN STANDINGS:

1. Neal Isaccs (Anxious) - 2,000 points
2. Allan Ayano (Lady Dee) - 1,700
3. Bill Benbow (online) - 1,667

_____________________________________________________

Among the topics we will be covering this week: New Kamehameha Head Football Coach, New starting QB for UH Manoa?, and training camp opening for Big Island football teams.

Oh, and tomorrow during the NFL Hall Of Fame Game between the Colts and Redskins, we will live-blog Colt Brennan's snaps and appearances in the game. I wonder if John Madden will gush over him?

No comments: