Sunday, April 5, 2009

Michigan State vs. North Carolina - And Spartan Haters?

Thanks to all of you who kept track of the live blog here at ESPNHawaii.com of the Final Four. We will do it all again for the championship game at 3 pm on Monday....after the Sparty/Husky live game blog, an "anynymous" Spartans fans chimed in with this

As a Spartan fan it was fun to stumble across your blog. After listening to the commentators tell us how we couldn't beat Louisville, how we couldn't beat USC, how we couldn't beat Kansas... jesus, we had people doubting us against Robert Morris... your earliest comments in the game were coming straight out of UConn's, um, press kit. Give MSU some credit. We've said all year we prefer a run n gun game. You're in a long line of people who didn't believe us.


First of all, I didn't read UConn's press kit, but if I was spot on, then I take that as a compliment, so thanks.

Secondly, yes, most of the media out there didn't think that you would have much of a chance. I won't argue that point. With that said, that is one of the joys of the tourney, where we all get proven wrong and see teams prove us all wrong. I don't mind being proven wrong. After all, I did have BYU in my Final Four. Look how well that went.

But, here's the honest truth. Michigan State was an underdog going into their game against Connecticut. And, you are an UNDERDOG AGAIN against North Carolina. Michigan State will play a very good game, but I believe that the more grizzled team, the team with a bit more experience, which would be North Carolina, will win it late.

So, yeah, I guess I am in a long line of people that didn't believe in you. And I'm staying in that line. I picked North Carolina before the season started, and I'm not jumping off of the bandwagon now.

We'll preview the game after Rays/Red Sox on Monday around 11 am, and then bring you the live blog right here at 3 pm.

No comments: