Friday, October 10, 2008

NFL Picks for Week 6

Since we ran out of time on Thursday's program, I figured I'd make up for forgetting to make my Week 6 picks by putting them right here on the ESPNHawaii.com blog:

CAROLINA PANTHERS vs. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS - 7:00 am

I think it is a huge surprise right now that the Panthers are 4-1 and on top of the NFC South Division. Then again, when you look at the rest of that division:

ATLANTA (3-2)
TAMPA BAY (3-2)
NEW ORLEANS (2-3, easily could be 4-1)

DeAngelo Williams has been a great catalyst for the Panther ground game, helping Jake Delhomme (and helping my fantasy team)to expand this offense. But, being as how these two teams are very close in talent, I'll take the home team, the Bucs, to win by a field goal.

DALLAS COWBOYS vs. ARIZONA CARDINALS - 10:15 am

Cowboys fans beware! Pacman is up to no good again, T.O. is making more headlines for his tears and words than his catches and scores, and maybe more importantly, THEY JUST HAVEN'T PLAYED WELL LATELY! In the past two weeks, they lost at home to the Washington Colt's, er, Redskins and played un-inspired football at home against the Cincinnati Ocho Cinco's, er, Bengals. AT HOME! Imagine how they might play on the road!

With that said, the Cardinals are nice at 3-2, but Anquan Boldin is out because of the nasty hit he took against the Jets. Look for the Cowboys to be comfortable enough to double up Larry Fitzgerald because he is going to be the go-to guy. And, look for Kurt Warner to throw some picks. I'm taking Dallas by 10.

CHICAGO BEARS vs. ATLANTA FALCONS - 7:00 am

To be honest, I'm a little biased. Those damn Falcons beat my Packers last week at Lambeau, so I'm still a little steamed. Outside of that, this will be a fun game to watch. There are a couple of rookies on display that you should be paying attention to. Rookie QB Matt Ryan has been good for the most part, and has a good ground game to compliment his air attack. And speaking of the ground game, Bears rookie runner Matt Forte has been a big surprise (I would say a 'pleasant' surprise, but I'm a Green Bay fan, remember?) for the oft-doubted Windy City offense. And Kyle Orton, speaking of oft-doubted, is coming off of a career game. Chicago by 9.

Can't leave the blog without a bonus pick:

LOUISIANA TECH vs. HAWAII - 5:59 pm Saturday

Again, I can't afford the PPV. Plus, it looks like I'm going to Waikoloa to see Styx at the Grand Ballroom (and take a mini-vacation). I think Hawaii is flat out a better team than La Tech, but we all said it last year when they went up to Rustin, and they needed overtime to beat the team from the Boot State. I think Hawaii wins the homecoming showdown by 7.

TO RECAP

Tampa Bay over Carolina by 3
Dallas beats Arizona by 10
Chicago downs Atlanta by 9

AND THE BONUS...

Hawaii over Louisiana Tech by 7

___________________________________________________________

Show's back on the air on Tuesday due to Major League Baseball...so far, we have lined up the NFL Week 6 Rewind, Daniel Brock of the West Hawaii Today, MMA Talk with Luke Thomas of MMA Blog BloodyElbow.com, and more. I'll leave you today with this...

No comments: