Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jason Taylor's Ego Too Big For Himself

I feel bad for the Miami Dolphins. They have had a bad couple of years. Only one win this past year, a brand new regime coming in, and the realistic expectation that as long as the Bellichick dynasty continues in New England, the Miami Dolphins will NEVER win a division crown.

With that all understood, it gets worse now with their best player saying he won't be attending training camp, among other team events. Their two best players appear to be out before this coming season. Zach Thomas is now with the Cowboys, and Taylor may either retire or ask to be traded.

This is all on Taylor. Apparently, his ego has gone through the roof since being a part of "Dancing With The Stars." For example, go to youtube.com. The first bunch of videos are from him on the hit show, not of him on the football field. I think that has gone to his head. In fact, take some of the quotes he has made:

"I know what the reaction's going to be: Oh, he's the leader of that team, and he needs to be there," Taylor wrote. "But, see, there're different types of leadership in sports. There're guys that can talk all the time, and try to lead by saying: 'Oh, this is what we need to do, let's go, rah, rah rah.' They're rah-rah guys.

"And then they're guys, like me, who lead by example. And people are saying now, 'Your example should be being there working out with the team.' Well, at the end of the day, I will show up and I will do anything I need to do, and I will be the best football player I can be."


Some leader by example, huh? I'll lead, as soon as I'm ready to. Yeah, whatever. And more...

"Yes, there's a new defense to learn," Taylor wrote. "But we've had a lot of coaches the last five years, and I've learned all those defenses. We'll make it work, trust me. We're not reinventing the wheel here."


Come on. Every coach has certain wrinkles to their defenses. Even Jason Taylor should realize that. Bogus.

Maybe it is time for Miami to get rid of this "distraction." Just like the Cincinnati Bengals should get rid of Chad Johnson, it's the same thing here with Taylor. Get rid of the monstrous ego. Now's the time to completely re-build the team.

Oh, in case you don't know what makes Jason Taylor famous now...



Thanks to DanceWTS1

No comments: